Contact & Links
To apply to become a member, or to contact R.A.G.E.
Email us at - firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone - 01892 557804
Macmillan's 'Yesterday's women' document - A detailed account of the R.A.G.E. story
Macmillan Cancer Support - Publications and resources
Breast Cancer Care - Breast cancer treatment, information and support.
Breast Cancer Care - Radiotherapy fact sheet
British Medical Journal - Brachial plexus neuropathy after radiotherapy for breast cancer article
Carers Direct - A national information, advice and support service for carers in England.
The Mesothelioma Center - Support and resources for people and families who need help understanding and coping with mesothelioma cancer.
Other Sources of Information
1. American National Library of Medicine – PubMed
Search by Subject or by Author –
2. American College of Radiologists (ACR) – Breast Treatment Guidelines
3. Royal College of Radiologists (RCR) – Dose Fractionation Survey
Fractionation in Radiotherapy a Brief History – SS. 3.1 - Pg. 10
Breast Cancer – SS. 4.3 - Pg.26
4. Royal College of Radiologists (RCR) – Towards Safer Radiotherapy
Errors in Radiotherapy Treatment - these can occur in Calculation, Planning, Set Up and Treatment. there can be machine errors and human errors
5. Royal College of Radiologists (RCR) – Bates Evans on Brachial Plexus Injuries
Brachial Plexus Neuropathy following Radiotherapy for Breast Carcinoma
6. Brachial plexus neuropathy after radiotherapy for breast cancer article
British Medical Journal - http://www.bmj.com/content/311/7019/1516.full
7. Royal College of Radiologists - Management of Adverse Effects following Breast Radiotherapy - Maher Committee.
8. Effects of radiation on normal tissue: consequences and mechanisms - Lancet
9. Radiation Oncology Physics: A Handbook for Teachers and Students - E.B. Podgorsak Technical Editor
© IAEA - Printed by the IAEA in Austria July 2005 - STI/PUB/1196
Sponsored by the IAEA and endorsed by the COMP/CCPM, EFOMP, ESTRO, IOMP, PAHO and WHO
10. First-principles simulations of the interaction of ionic projectiles with water and ice - Jorge Kohanoff
Concise Colour Medical Dictionary
28 May 2015
While not specifically about radiation injuries it provides good descriptions of generic injuries/syndromes, with line drawings and diagrams of the structures involved.
BMA New Guide to Medicine and Drugs
01 June 2011
The complete home reference to over 2,500 medicines. The BMA New Guide to Medicine and Drugs Eighth Edition is the fully updated, quick-reference guide to drugs for anyone wanting to know more about the medication they're taking.